Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Strikes, Movies, and B.O.
So the French are somewhat famous for all three of these things, and I was fortunate enough to experience them all in one day. I am not saying that the stereotypes are totally right or totally correct, but it made me think about them today. I started my day in a foul mood when I was woken up by the principal of my school calling to tell me that there are strikes for the bus lines today and that I may not be able to get to school so I might have to leave early and walk. So I looked up online and finally found where it said whether or not the bus would be coming. Normally I would be fine to make it to school on time, but the bus I usually take was not running do to a national strike, so I had to take the next bus which put me at the school about 5 minutes late. When I arrived, I was surprised by the fact that the CP class (6 years old) was going to the movies and they asked me to accompany the teacher because they did not have another supervisor to take them on the bus crosstown to the movie theater. So I naturally accepted the invitation and embarked on quite the adventure with 23 6-year olds on the public bus to the cinema. The movie was a film that was actually 6 short films that were claymation. The kids absolutely loved them and I actually enjoyed them myself. After the moveis we went back to the school and I arrived with a little bit of time to introduce myself to the oldest class (equivalent of 5th graders). I taught them a few things and told them where I was from and after i worked with a few kids individually on speaking. Soon enough it was time to come home and I caught the bus to back to Angouleme where I waited for my second bus to take me home. After I got on the bus, a Frenchman sat behind me and just flat out smelled terrible. Also, a guy at the bus stop while I was waiting just reeked of B.O. I don't want to be stereotypical, but who ever told France that it was cool to smell so bad? It actually bothers me, and I had to rant about it for a little bit, but I am through. Tonight France plays Bosnia in the final group stage of the Euro 2012 qualifier. I am going to centre-ville to watch the game at a bar. Hopefully it is a good atmosphere. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment