Sunday, October 16, 2011
Chocolatine vs. Pain au Chocolat
When I first arrived in Angouleme, I could not seem to find my favorite french pastry: Pain au Chocolat. It is a croissant like bread baked around a small amount of chocolate. Anybody that likes croissants and likes chocolate (which is pretty much everybody) would thoroughly enjoy this. So why could I not find this pastry? Because on in the Southwest of France do they call pain au chocolat a Chocolatine. Only just this past week did I put two and two together and figure this out with the aid of Yahoo answers. (You know you can find out a lot of stuff on there). So every Thursday and Friday mornings I stop by the bakery that is on my way to the bus stop, and I get one chocolatine for breakfast. And the best part about getting them early in the morning is that they are fresh out of the oven and if I get there early enough they are still warm. This Chocolatine to start the day goes up in the ranks with the elites to include Bodos and Hardees. Yes, it is that good. That being said, if you happen to find yourself in Southwest France for any reason, then you have to ask for a Chocolatine. It will not disappoint you - I guarantee it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment