Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall Break

I am looking forward to my vacation tomorrow. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon on a train to Paris for the weekend, where I will be staying with Nicolas.  We have big plans for Sunday when France is playing in the Rugby World Cup final in New Zealand.  We will be watching the game on a big screen showing somewhere in Paris.  Even though it is at 930 a.m. I am absolutely pumped for the game.  Then Sunday night we are going to a concert in Paris for the French group JUSTICE.  They are debuting their new album at this concert and it is fre and open to the public on a first-come first serve basis.  We are going o get there early to make sure we get in.  Then on Monday night I am flying from Paris to Milan to spend two nights there before I venture down to the Amalfi Coast.  I am looking forward to this part of my trip the most.  I am definitely nervous about going to Italy by myself, but I know I will enjoy myself and the area that I am going to see is one of the most picturesque placees in the world.  The pictures I have seen already are truly unbelievable.

Even though I am on a different continent, I can honestly say that I have settled in over here and gotten used to the everyday life.  I realize that the nervousness and anticipation that I feel about leaving tomorrow is the same feeling (to a lesser degree) that I felt before I left for France.  It is a feeling of uneasiness that I get when I don't know what to expect, but it is important to make yourself try new things and put yourself outside of your comfort zone to grow and mature as an individual.  We like what we are used to, because it is comfortable and it gives us a sense of security.   I have found that usually I do not like to try new things either, but I often am glad that I did afterwards.  Now, I am not saying that taking this vacation is a difficult thing to do per say, but I feel uneasy about travelling for a long time by myself in a foreign place.  Nonetheless, I do look forward to what this trip has in store, and I cannot wait to take some photos and do some hiking.  I will be back November 1, but definitely email me before then because I will try to find a cafe or something along the way to check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment