I never have work on Wednesdays. Having Wednesdays off is not very normal, but it certainly makes the work week (if I am even allowed to say I have one) a lot shorter. It is like a mini-weekend in the middle of the week. This was my first No Work Wednesday so I chose to spend it how you probably would imagine that I spent it. I slept in past noon. That being said, I had a rather productive day. I spoke to my senior editor for Rollinglobe about some of the details that I needed to figure out before I start writing for the internship. After that, Esven and I walked to town to pick up our bank cards since they were finally ready and then I picked up a few supplies to get organized for school. After a nice workout, I went to dinner at the cafeteria and the dinner was actually delicious tonight, and they had special pastries for desert because of some activity going on for the high school kids. Got to enjoy a mini-eclair and a few other small pastries.
For being in another country, it seemed like a pretty normal day today. Maybe that means that I am finally getting used to life over here and have almost completely settled in. The town of Angouleme is beautiful to walk through and I really enjoy the Centre-Ville area, especially when the weather is in the high-70s-low-80s all week. Doesn't get much better than that for mid-October. Tomorrow, I have work in the morning and then will be free in the afternoon, so I am going to find a quiet cafe with some wifi and just sit down and write for the afternoon and weather-permitting I am looking to do so outside. Even though it looks like I am going to be going out with the group of assistants on most Tuesday nights because none of us have work the next day, I am going to try to make the most of my No Work Wednesdays. It is a great opportunity in the middle of the week to explore the area and do some fun activities. Maybe take some day trips or just explore Angouleme some more. I am definitely looking forward to always have that mid-week break from all the stress in the office...
No comments:
Post a Comment