Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Limoges

This past weekend I went to Limoges to celebrate Thanksgiving the right way and with a fellow wahoo classmate, Heather.  Heather lives in a really cool apartment that is really close to the train station so it was easy to get to and from her place.  As far as the Thanksgiving went, I would say we did it the right way (except for the fact that we are in France).  Aside from that, it was pretty much everything I would have expected a Thanksgiving dinner to be minus the family members.  Although I was quite homesick on Thursday when I was thinking about my family and the fact that I wasn't back at home for Thanksgiving, Saturday definitely helped me take my mind of that.  Actually, I really didn't think about being away from home all that much, because the day was just filled with  good friend and a lot of fun.  We had a real turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, pumpkin pie, apple pie, apple doughnuts, and a french touch of some cheese, baguettes, and lots of wine.  After the awesomeness that was my Thanksgiving dinner this year, we somehow manages to make it out to the night club and ended up staying out until around 5am.  It was my first visit to the discotheque this year and it was a memorable one.  And yes, when I left the club my shirt was drenched in sweat from top to bottom and I am still proud of that.  Sunday we walked around Limoges and I saw most of the important parts of the city.  It reminded my a little of Angouleme in the architecture, but the city was much bigger and it was very pleasant.  There were a lot of open places and garden-like areas to walk through.  I do not want to sound like I think my situation is difficult by any means, but visiting Limoges definitely made me jealous of the assistants that get to live in actual cities because there is a lot more to do on the weekends.  It is definitely a place I will be going back to in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment