Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sundays in Angouleme

Sunday in Angouleme is a day where everything shuts down.  And by everything I don't mean literally every single thing, but pretty much people spend their time in their homes, lounging around, and relaxing. For my Sunday this week, I spent yet another one at my principal's house enjoying a solid home cooked meal.  She seems to have pasta dishes down to a science and her home made lasagna noodles are just out of this world, and they are just about as fresh as it gets.  Today it was lasagna with ground beef and we had appetizers of grilled salmon and shrimp.  After lunch I helped her daughter with an English project and then returned to my house to watch the football games tonight.  Although buses run once an hour, most stores are closed, and basically nobody leaves their houses on Sundays in Angouleme, it seems like I have found a good way to spend them while enjoying some home cooked meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment