Sunday, January 8, 2012
Poker Night
Texas Hold'Em just like we used play in high school when poker used to be the big thing. It has been a while since I played poker for many, like i'm thinking I haven't done it since high school for real. It just took a couple of hands to get the cobwebs dusted off and then I was back in mid-season form. With the dividends payed out as 1st - 12 euros 2nd - 8 euros and 3rd - 5 euros and a 5 euro buy-in I was hoping to at least break even. I eliminated a few contenders and ended up taking away the 12 euro top prize money which means I netted 7 euros on the evening. Unfortunately, with the current state of the euro that means I only earned $8.91 instead of what I would normally assume would be closer to $10. Still it felt great to get back on the table, bluff a few big hands, and win some euros. Not to mention this was at my principal's house and she is a phenomenal cook. I helped prepare the mea by skinning the salmon that she put in lasagna. I had never had any type of lasagne beside vegetable or ground beef, but this was absolutely delicious. The actual lasagna pasta waas homemade by her and it tasted extremely fresh. Not a bad Saturday night in Angouleme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment